Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites on the internet, with over 2.2 billion active users as of March 2018. But, as with any site that has so many users, there are also a lot of scams and fake accounts out there. In this article, we’ll show you how to deactivate your Facebook account safely and permanently.
If you’re like most people, you use Facebook to keep up with friends, share news and events, and stay informed of the latest happenings in your social circle. But there’s a good chance you may have also given Facebook access to other personal information as well.
That means if Facebook is hacked, or you decide to deactivate your account, it can be difficult to retrieve that data. In this article, we’ll show you how to deactivate your Facebook account safely and securely.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is an online social networking service with over two billion active users. The site allows users to connect with friends and family, share photos and videos, and stay up-to-date on their friends’ lives. On Facebook, users can also participate in groups, join discussions, and vote on news stories.
To deactivate your Facebook account:
1. Log into Facebook.com
2. In the top right corner of the screen, click on the three lines in the upper left corner. This will open your Account Settings page.
3. Under Your Profile, click on Deactivate Your Account. You will be asked to confirm your decision. If you have logged into Facebook using a mobile device, you will need to input your password before deactivating your account.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account is easy and can be done from any computer with internet access. You just need to go to the Facebook website, sign in, and choose the “Account Settings” link on the left side of the screen. From there, you’ll need to scroll down to the “Security and privacy” section and click on the “Deactivate your Facebook account” link.
- How to add art to your YouTube channel
- How to Create a Beautiful One-Page Website
- How to Write a Resume and Land Your Dream Job
Once you’ve clicked on that link, a confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to deactivate your account. Click on the “Yes, delete my account” button to finish deactivating your Facebook account.
If for some reason you’re unable to deactivate your Facebook account, or if you ever need to reactivate your account, you can do so by contacting customer support at Facebook’s website.
How to Recover Your Facebook Account if It’s Deactivated
If you’ve ever had to deactivate your Facebook account for any reason, there’s a good chance you didn’t realize it was actually possible to reactivate it.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log in to your account. If you don’t have access to your account anymore, Facebook will help you recover it.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
3. Under “General,” click on “Deactivate Your Account.”
4. Enter your password and confirm deactivation by clicking on “Yes, deactivate my account.”
5. Facebook will send you an email notifying you that your account has been deactivated and asking you to confirm that you want to permanently delete it. Click on the link in the email to finish deleting your account.
What happens to your data if you deactivate your account?
If you deactivate your account, Facebook will remove all of your data, including any posts, messages, and photos. However, if you have already shared some of this information with other people, they will still be able to see it.
If you deactivate your Facebook account, your data will be deleted from Facebook’s systems. You will still have the ability to access this data if you log in to Facebook using a different account or through a third-party service that supports Facebook login.
If you deactivate your Facebook account, your data will be permanently deleted. This includes any posts you’ve made on Facebook, as well as any information associated with your accounts, such as a friends list and likes.
Tips for Keeping Your Facebook Profile Private
If you no longer need or want your Facebook profile, there are plenty of steps you can take to deactivate it.
Here are four tips to get started:
1. Log in to your Facebook account and select the “Settings” link on the top left of the page.
2. Under “General,” click on the button that says “Deactivate Your Account.”
3. You will be asked to confirm your decision by clicking on a link in an email that Facebook sent you. Once you confirm, your Facebook account will be deactivated.
4. If you ever want to reactivate your account, simply sign in again and select the “ Settings” link on the top left of the page. From there, select “Reactivate Your Account” and follow the instructions.